Israel Studies Research Grants Awarded for 2018
December 12, 2018
The Crown Family Center for Jewish and Israel Studies announces five research awards in Israel Studies. Applications were evaluated by Director Martin Eichenbaum together with Assistant Director of Jewish Studies Claire Sufrin and Associate Director of Israel Studies Elie Rekhess. For applications in which a member of the committee had a direct interest, that member recused himself from the deliberations.
- Peter Fenves (Department of German), "Space and Speech in Jewish Thought”
- Sara Monoson (Departments of Political Science and Classics), Israel Society for the Promotion of Classical Studies and other events in Israel
- Aaron Packman (McCormick School of Engineering), “Global Trek: Water in Israel”
- Yohanan Petrovsky-Shtern (Department of History), "Trumpeldor, the Russian Military, and Jewish Self-Defense"
- Claire Sufrin (Jewish Studies Program), "Storytelling and Meaning Making: Jewish Literature and Jewish Thought"
- Sera Young (Department of Anthropology), “Tools to Measure Water Insecurity in Israel”